Didn’t get to spend as much time in the shop as I had hoped. ( Isn’t that always the way!) I worked today on cleaning up the inside of the rib cage. It’s a bit of a challenge as it is made from one piece of Tupelo. Getting enough access to work the insides without making the piece too big is a trade off. In the end I couldn’t get enough reach through the base of the torso and drilled a 1” hole on top where the neck will be. I’ll plug the hole later. This allowed enough access to get a rough finish on the inside of the rib cage. I decided that a fine finish was not really warranted as it largely go unnoticed. I’m sure some of you might view this as a bit of a cop out - so be it.
That doesn’t mean that I didn’t spend a fair amount of time today cleaning things up. I eventually put a coat of white sandable sealer on the torso and head. I have more sanding to do and some detailing on the skull.
The skeleton looks like he is sunbathing here!
Automata is a creative blend of my life interests , engineering, art and woodworking.