Got the bugs I discovered yesterday worked out today - at least I hope so! I won't know for sure until I install the top works and install the linkages to each of the characters. Here's a short video I took while breaking in the mechanism to check for alignment and and "rough spots". The top has since been temporarily placed on the mechanism and several linkages have been installed. It looks like I will need to adjust the nurse's head movement a little by trimming the cam. Always tricky at this point! Back at it tomorrow!
I've also added a few photos taken during the assembly. The first is the camshaft with cams installed. The second is the camshaft installed in the case with the followers opened up to allow assembly. The gearbox is to the right side of the photo behind the the partition wall. The finger joints that fit the left side of the case can be seen on the left.
8/8/2022 04:25:13 am
Good blog postt
8/8/2022 02:19:46 pm
Leave a Reply.
Automata is a creative blend of my life interests , engineering, art and woodworking.